Our Institute of Educational Sciences has gathered information with which to validate and assess the practical utility of the SEHS-S. The main aims are:
(1) refining the measure for use in schools,
(2) verifying the construct validity,
(3) investigating the criterion validity,
(4) examining the consistency and stability of responses,
(5) investigating strategies for evaluating the credibility of student responses, and
(6) analyzing students' responses for the presence of empirically-defined profiles or classes.
We have assembled a sample of 120,000 California students in Grades 7-12 for this technical report and we will be preparing many manuscripts in the coming months.
Supported is provided by the Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education, through Grant # R305A160157 to the University of California, Santa Barbara. The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not represent views of the Institute of Education Sciences or the U.S. Department of Education.
Modification and Standardization of the Social Emotional Health Survey-Secondary — 2020, Technical Report
To request a pdf formatted copy, please contact us.